Clermont Florida Family History Center
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
The Clermont Family History Center serves the Clermont, Groveland, Minneola and surrounding areas. The Center can be staffed by community volunteers as well as members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints in whose worship facility the Center resides. All are passionate about family history research and desire to help those who would like to identify their ancestors through the available resources.
- 1 Center Contacts and Hours
- 2 Calendar and Events
- 3 Center Resources
- 4 Center Services
- 5 Resources in the Local Area
- 6 Links
- 7 Volunteer at the Center
Center Contacts and Hours[edit | edit source]
- 14600 Green Valley Blvd Clermont FL 34711-8558 United States
- The center is housed in the meetinghouse of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints.
- The center entrance is located in the southeast rear corner of the building and has both regular and handicapped parking available.
- The entrance door is identified with a wall sign and the door features a doorbell to alert a volunteer for admittance.
- Tuesday: 7:00 pm-9:00 pm
- Wednesday: 7:00 pm-9:00 pm
- Saturday: 9:00 am-11:00 am
Closed all Holidays:
Calendar and Events[edit | edit source]
Upcoming Events[edit | edit source]
Class Schedule[edit | edit source]
Staff Training Meetings[edit | edit source]
Center Resources[edit | edit source]
Collections[edit | edit source]
These materials may be ordered from home and delivered to the Clermont Center for individual use. Call the center for more details.
Databases and Software[edit | edit source]
- Family History Center Portal This center has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions.
Hardware and Equipment[edit | edit source]
The center features computers, microfilm readers, and printers to help individuals do their research.:
Center Services[edit | edit source]
Staff Research Specialties[edit | edit source]
Resources in the Local Area
[edit | edit source]
Cooper Memorial Library has a genealogical section in their building which has many books for a resource and reference. They also have computers and printers and a knowledgeable staff.
Links[edit | edit source]
- FamilySearch Research Wiki: What It Can Do For You!: A comprehensive video presentation explaining the Wiki, navigating it, and some especially useful pages. Case studies demonstrate using the Wiki for genealogical research. Editing and adding articles to the Wiki are covered.