Chiefland Florida Family History Center
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
Center Contacts and Hours[edit | edit source]
- 215 NE 8th S Chiefland FL 32644-0282 United States
- Use the parking lot closest to Hwy. 27 and come to the front door.
- If the doors are locked during regular scheduled hours knock on window to right of door.
- The center is just inside on the right.
- Other times by appointment:
We will be closed the weeks of December 18th 2017 till January 2nd 2018:
Calendar and Events[edit | edit source]
Upcoming Events[edit | edit source]
Class Schedule[edit | edit source]
Staff Training Meetings[edit | edit source]
Center Resources[edit | edit source]
Collections[edit | edit source]
- We have on permanent file films and fiche on Florida, Germany, Pennsylvania, and Puerto Rico .
Databases and Software
- Family History Center Portal This center has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions. Hardware and Equipment
- We have 4 computers connected to highspeed internet with printers, 2 micro fiche and 2 film readers
Center Services[edit | edit source]
Staff Research Specialties[edit | edit source]
Resources in the Local Area
[edit | edit source]
Chiefland City Library has a section dedicated for family history research.
The Levy County Geneological Society Have research experts and extensive data on local families.
Links[edit | edit source]
- FamilySearch Research Wiki: What It Can Do For You!: A comprehensive video presentation explaining the Wiki, navigating it, and some especially useful pages. Case studies demonstrate using the Wiki for genealogical research. Editing and adding articles to the Wiki are covered.
Volunteer at the Center[edit | edit source]
We invite all those who have computer skills and research skills to come join our staff.