Benin Archives and Libraries
|Benin Wiki Topics|
|Local Research Resources|
Archives[edit | edit source]
National Archives of Benin
Website: National Archives of Benin
Libraries[edit | edit source]
National Library of Benin (Bibliothèque Nationale du Bénin)
Telephone: (229) 22 25 85
Website: National Library of Benin
Website #2: National Library of Benin
Museums[edit | edit source]
Alexandre Sènou Adandé Ethnographic Museum
Website: Alexandre Sènou Adandé Ethnographic Museum
- Alexandre Sènou Adandé Ethnographic Museum is a well-known vacationer attraction in Benin for a lot of causes. It combines wealthy historical past, lovely nature, nice service, and superb tradition.
- The da Silva Museum is an old colonial home which has a large collection of artifacts from slavery, to traditional religions as well as unique items used by the colons during the 19th century. In one sentence, the museum is where you want to go to learn about Benin’s history. It is also a great way to see the Afro-Brazilian culture and influence on Benin.
- The Museum of History of Ouidah has a large number of objects and illustrations of historical and cultural importance which, collected together, allow the visitor to understand the past of the region. The museum collections are assembled according to six main themes: The Portuguese Fort (the seat of the museum), The Kingdom of Xwéda , The Kingdom of Dahomey , The Slave Trade , Voodoo, and The Cultural Links between Benin and the New World.
Telephone +229 20 21 35 66
Website: Honme Museum
- The Royal Palace of King Toffa, also called Musée Honmé, is a former royal home and today a museum. It is situated in Porto Novo and was listed on the UNESCO World Heritage Tentative List in 1996 alongside its surrounding district. During your visit of the ancient palace, you will get to see relics related to the King Toffa period.
- The exhibits (clothes, musical instruments, models of houses, pottery ...) mainly concern the Bariba and the region of Borgou. The models of traditional dwellings (Tata, Fulani and Bantu) and the numbering of the objects are highlighted.
For a list of museums in Benin, go to List of museums in Benin in Wikipedia.