Belgium, Limburg, Lommel, Civil Registration and Church Records - FamilySearch Historical Records
|Access the Records|
|This article describes a collection of records scheduled to become available at FamilySearch.org.|
|Lommel, Limburg, Belgium|
|Flag of the Kingdom of Belgium|
|Location of Lommel, Limburg, Belgium|
|Location of Belgium in Europe|
|Record Type:||Civil registration and church|
|Title in the Language:||België, Lommel, Burgerlijke Stand en Kerkelijke Registers, 1668-1875|
- 1 What is in This Collection?
- 2 What Can These Records Tell Me?
- 3 How Do I Search This Collection?
- 4 What Do I Do Next?
- 5 Citing This Collection
What is in This Collection?[edit | edit source]
Church records containing baptism, marriage, and burial records for Lommel, Belgium from 1668-1875. Records are held by Erfgoed Lommel (Heritage Lommel).
Image Visibility[edit | edit source]
Whenever possible FamilySearch makes images and indexes available for all users. However, rights to view these data are limited by contract and subject to change. Because of this there may be limitations on where and how images and indexes are available or who can see them. Please be aware some collections consist only of partial information indexed from the records and do not contain any images. For additional information about image restrictions see Restrictions for Viewing Images in FamilySearch Historical Record Collections.
Reading These Records[edit | edit source]
These records are written in Dutch. For help reading them see:
What Can These Records Tell Me?[edit | edit source]
The following information may be found in these records:
How Do I Search This Collection?[edit | edit source]
Before searching this collection, it is helpful to know:
- Name of the person
- Approximate date of the event
Search the Index[edit | edit source]You will be able to search this collection when it is published.
How Do I Analyze the Results?[edit | edit source]
Compare each result from your search with what you know to determine if there is a match. This may require viewing multiple records or images. Keep track of your research in a research log.
What Do I Do Next?[edit | edit source]
I Found the Person I Was Looking For, What Now?[edit | edit source]
- Add any new information to your records
- If available, check the image for additional information
- Analyze the entry to see if it provides additional clues to find other records of the person or their family
I Can’t Find the Person I’m Looking For, What Now?[edit | edit source]
- The person may be recorded with an abbreviated or variant form of their name
- Try searching by surname only
Research Helps[edit | edit source]
The following articles will help you in your research for your family in Belgium.
Related Family History Library Holdings[edit | edit source]
- Rooms Katholieke Kerk. Lommel (Limburg) Kerkelijke registers, 1640-1960
- Rooms Katholieke Kerk. Lummen (Limburg) Kerkelijke registers, 1601-1891
- Burgerlijke Stand; Rijksarchief Beveren Belgium, Limburg, Lommel, Registers van de Burgerlijke Stand, 1891-1930
- Burgerlijke Stand; Rijksarchief te Hasselt Registers van de Burgerlijke Stand, 1808-1890
- Bevolkingsregister Lommel Registers der bevolking, 1846-1910
Citing This Collection[edit | edit source]
Citations help you keep track of places you have searched and sources you have found. Identifying your sources helps others find the records you used.
The citation for this collection can be found on the Collection Details Page in the section Citing this Collection.
When looking at a record, the citation can be viewed by clicking the drop-down arrow next to Document Information.