Beaverton Oregon West Family History Center
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
The Beaverton Oregon West Family History Center primarily serves the Beaverton, Aloha, and Cedar Mill communities, but welcomes patrons from the surrounding greater Portland/Vancouver area as well.
- 1 Center Contacts and Hours
- 2 Calendar and Events
- 3 Center Resources
- 4 Center Services
- 5 Resources in the Local Area
- 6 Links
- 7 Volunteer at the Center
Center Contacts and Hours[edit | edit source]
- 17140 SW Bany Rd Beaverton OR 97007 United States
- We are located to the left of the building's north-side main entrance. If you need to avoid stairs, park on the south side by the east end of the building and ring the bell at the east entrance door to be admitted (or call us at 503-356-1385 on your cell).
Open Hours: (See Holiday Schedule for closures)
Winter Weather? Call 503-356-1385 and talk to a live person before coming in.
- Closed Wednesday February 14th after 4PM
- Closed Wednesday and Thursday July 4th and 5th
- Closed the week of Thanksgiving
- Closed last two weeks of December.
Calendar and Events[edit | edit source]
Upcoming Events[edit | edit source]
Class Schedule[edit | edit source]
Staff Training[edit | edit source]
Center Resources[edit | edit source]
Collections[edit | edit source]
Databases and Software[edit | edit source]
- FHC Portal This center has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions, including Ancestry.com
Hardware and Equipment[edit | edit source]
- 8 computers, 4 microfilm readers, 4 fiche readers, 2 printers (print from computers), 1 copier (b&w), 1 microfilm/fiche reader-copier, 1 small ST Genie digital scanner for microfilm, 35mm negatives and slides
Center Services[edit | edit source]
Family History Center Portal List of premium online research services available on our computers.
Wi-fi access for personal laptops and electronic devices.
Staff Research Specialties[edit | edit source]
Resources in the Local Area[edit | edit source]
Washington County, Oregon Genealogy FamilySearch Guide to Washington County, Oregon ancestry, family history, and genealogy birth records, marriage records, death records, census records, family history, and military records.
Genealogical Society of Washington County Oregon (GSWCO) Meetings open to the public on the second Saturday of the month at 10:00 am located at the Hillsboro Brookwood Library 2850 NE Brookwood Parkway. Check website for monthly topic.
Genealogical Forum of Oregon, 2505 SE 11st Ave, Suite B-18, Portland, OR. 503-963-1932.
Oregon Historical Society, 1200 SW Park Ave, Portland, OR. 503-222-1741
Links[edit | edit source]
- The Washington County GenWeb Project, part of The ORGenWeb Project
- The Family History Guide Want to learn more about FamilySearch features and research strategies? The Family History Guide is a website that represents a best-in-class learning environment for family history. Its scope is broad, but its focus is narrow enough to help you achieve your goals, step by step. Whether you are brand new to family history or a seasoned researcher - or somewhere in between - The Family History Guide can be your difference maker.
- FamilySearch Research Wiki: What It Can Do For You!: A comprehensive video presentation explaining the Wiki, navigating it, and some especially useful pages. Case studies demonstrate using the Wiki for genealogical research. Editing and adding articles to the Wiki are covered.
For help and guidelines for editing this page, see the Adding details to a FHC page article.
Volunteer at the Center[edit | edit source]
If you have expertise in a research location or foreign language and are willing to help our patrons with their searches and reading documents, please call the center at 503-356-1385 and leave us a message to that effect OR email us at OR_beavertonwest@ldsmail.net
To access available information, first log into FamilySearch.