Austria, Upper Austria, Linz, Death Certificates - FamilySearch Historical Records
|Access the Records|
Austria, Upper Austria, Linz, Death Certificates, 1818-1899
|This article describes a collection of records at FamilySearch.org.|
|Linz, Upper Austria, Austria|
|Flag of the Republic of Austria|
|Upper Austria Coat of Arms|
|Location of Linz, Upper Austria, Austria|
|Location of Austria in Europe|
|Record Type:||Death Certificates|
|Title in the Language:||Österreich, Oberösterreich, Linz, Totenbeschauzettel|
|Oberosterreichisches Landesarchiv (Upper Austrian Provincial Archives), Linz, Austria|
- 1 What is in This Collection?
- 2 What Can These Records Tell Me?
- 3 Collection Content
- 4 How Do I Search This Collection?
- 5 What Do I Do Next?
- 6 Citing This Collection
- 7 How Can I Contribute to the FamilySearch Wiki?
What is in This Collection?[edit | edit source]
Certificates of death issued by the Stadtpfarrkirche Linz. The certificates include the name of the deceased, age, occupation, birthplace, country of origin, last residence, date and time of death, cause of death, and date of burial for the years 1818-1899.
Image Visibility[edit | edit source]
Whenever possible FamilySearch makes images and indexes available for all users. However, rights to view these data are limited by contract and subject to change. Because of this there may be limitations on where and how images and indexes are available or who can see them. Please be aware some collections consist only of partial information indexed from the records and do not contain any images.
For additional information about image restrictions, please see the Restrictions for Viewing Images in FamilySearch Historical Record Collections page.
Reading These Records[edit | edit source]
For help reading these German records see the following guides:
- German Language and Languages
- German Genealogical Word List
- Germany Handwriting
- FamilySearch Learning Center videos:
Browse This Collection[edit | edit source]
|You can browse through images in this collection by visiting the browse page for Austria, Upper Austria, Linz, Death Certificates, 1818-1899.|
What Can These Records Tell Me?[edit | edit source]
The following information may be found in these records:
- Name of the deceased
- Country of origin
- Last residence
- Date and time of death
- Cause of death
- Date of burial
Collection Content[edit | edit source]
Sample Images[edit | edit source]
How Do I Search This Collection?[edit | edit source]
You can either search the index or browse through images. Before using either method, it is best to know the following information:
- Name of the person
- Year of death
As you search, look for a record which matches this information.
Search the Index[edit | edit source]Search by name by visiting the Collection Details Page.
- Fill in the search boxes in the Search Collection section with the information you know
- Click Search to show possible matches
View the Images[edit | edit source]
View images in this collection by visiting theBrowse Page
- Select Quellengattung, Zeitraum, und Bandnummer to view the images
|More images are available in the FamilySearch Catalog at Austria, Upper Austria, Linz, Death Certificates, 1818-1899. Some catalog records link to multiple references. In this case, click on a reference to find a camera icon to see images.|
What Do I Do Next?[edit | edit source]
I Found the Person I Was Looking For, What Now?[edit | edit source]
- Copy down all the information from the record
- Cite the record. See below for help citing records in this collection
- If you have not done so already, look at the image of the original record. Index entries only contain basic identifying information; original records often contain additional information which was not included in the index
- Use the age in the record to find an approximate birth year
- Use the information to find your ancestors in civil records
I Can’t Find the Person I’m Looking For, What Now?[edit | edit source]
- Consult the Austria Record Finder to find other records
- Look for records in nearby locations
- Standard spelling of names typically did not exist during the periods our ancestors lived in. Try variations of your ancestor’s name while searching the index or browsing through images
- Remember that sometimes individuals went by nicknames or alternated between using first and middle names
Research Helps[edit | edit source]
The following articles will help you in your research for your family in Austria.
Citing This Collection[edit | edit source]
Citations help you keep track of places you have searched and sources you have found. Identifying your sources helps others find the records you used.
The citation for this collection can be found on the Collection Details Page in the section Citing this Collection.
When looking at a record, the citation can be viewed by clicking the drop-down arrow next to Document Information.
When looking at an image, the citation is found on the Information tab at the bottom left of the screen.
How Can I Contribute to the FamilySearch Wiki?[edit | edit source]
|We welcome user additions to FamilySearch Historical Records wiki articles. We are looking for additional information that will help readers understand the topic and better use the available records. We also need translations for collection titles and images in articles about records written in languages other than English. For specific needs, please visit WikiProject FamilySearch Historical Records.|
Please follow these guidelines as you make changes. Thank you for any contributions you may provide.