Arroyo, Puerto Rico Genealogy
|Puerto Rico Wiki Topics|
|Puerto Rico Background|
|Local Research Resources|
Guide to Municipality of Arroyo family history and genealogy: birth records, marriage records, death records, census records, family history, and military records.
History[edit | edit source]
December 25, 1855 the town of Arroyo was founded. Puerto Rico was under Spanish rule until the 1898, when it became a territory of the United States. In 1899, the first census found the population of Arroyo was approximately 4900. The current population is 19,100. 
Civil Registration[edit | edit source]
More recent records are protected by privacy laws. However, close relatives can request them for genealogy.
Online Records[edit | edit source]
- Puerto Rico, Civil Registration, 1805-2001, index, incomplete
- Puerto Rico, Civil Registrations, 1885-2001, index, incomplete
- Puerto Rico, Civil Registration, Arroyo, browse images
- Puerto Rico Births and Baptisms, 1938-1947 — index
Church Records[edit | edit source]
- Catholic Church Records, Nuestra Señora del Carmen Parish, Arroyo, Puerto Rico,1838-1938 browse images
Census Records[edit | edit source]
Search the 1910, 1920, 1930, and 1940 census records for information about your Puerto Rican ancestors who were there during that time period. Click here to go to the Puerto Rico Census Page
References[edit | edit source]
- Wikipedia contributors, "Arroyo, Puerto Rico," Wikipedia, The Free Encyclopedia, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arroyo,_Puerto_Rico, accessed 12/15/20.