Arkansas Probate Records - FamilySearch Historical Records/Known Issues
| This article lists issues previously reported for this collection and
may provide solutions or workarounds to those issues.
Note[edit | edit source]
NOTE: For a way to determine what digital records are likely to be found within a collection or how to find missing images elsewhere, see Article 56000, Using Film Notes in the Catalog to determine the content of a final waypoint in Historical Records .
Known Issues[edit | edit source]
Question 1[edit | edit source]
Question 1: Some records are missing. Where can they be viewed?
Answer 1: See answers below for information about known missing records and their respective film numbers, if available, or alternate online location:
- Records for Scott County and Desha County are not available online at this time.
Question 2[edit | edit source]
Question 2: The Event Type and Year Range (waypoint) title does not properly reflect the actual digital record content. Is there a way to determine what digital records are likely to be found within a collection?
Answer 2: The following list of known waypoint discrepancies describes the event type or year range that actually exist in this collection:
- Crittenden > Wills 1826-1908 vol A-C should be renamed Will Record Vol A 1826-1852.
- Crittenden > Dockets 1857-1898 vol A should be renamed Will Record Vol B 1853-1903.
- Crittendon > Administration and guardian records 1853-1876 should be renamed Will Record Vol C 1901-1909.
- Saline > Probate records 1836-1900 Abbott-Ashcraft, E. included an index for the Saline County Probate records in Images 8-87.
- Saline > Probate records 1836-1900 Dickson-Deyer, G. should read as Probate records 1836-1900 Dickson-Dyer, J.
- Go to Arkansas, Probate Records - FamilySearch Historical Records article.
- Go to Arkansas Probate Records, 1817-1979 collection at FamilySearch.org.