Arkansas, Sevier County, Record of Voters - FamilySearch Historical Records
|Access the Records|
Arkansas, Sevier County, Record of Voters, 1868-1966
|This article describes a collection of records at FamilySearch.org.|
|Sevier, Arkansas, |
|Flag of Arkansas|
|Location of Sevier County, Arkansas|
|Location of Arkansas|
|Sevier County Clerk, Arkansas|
- 1 What is in This Collection?
- 2 What Can These Records Tell Me?
- 3 Collection Content
- 4 How Do I Search This Collection?
- 5 What Do I Do Next?
- 6 Citing This Collection
What is in This Collection?[edit | edit source]
This collection contains an index and images to voting records from Sevier County, Arkansas from the years 1868-1966.
Image Visibility[edit | edit source]
Whenever possible FamilySearch makes images and indexes available for all users. However, rights to view these data are limited by contract and subject to change. Because of this there may be limitations on where and how images and indexes are available or who can see them. Please be aware some collections consist only of partial information indexed from the records and do not contain any images. For additional information about image restrictions see Restrictions for Viewing Images in FamilySearch Historical Record Collections.
What Can These Records Tell Me?[edit | edit source]
The following information may be found in these records:
- Name of voter
- Post Office address
- Precinct or ward
- School District
Collection Content[edit | edit source]
Sample Images[edit | edit source]
How Do I Search This Collection?[edit | edit source]
Before searching this collection, it is helpful to know:
- The name of the person
- The approximate date of birth
- The place where the birth occurred
Search the Index[edit | edit source]Search by name on the Collection Details Page.
- Fill in the search boxes in the Search Collection section with the information you know
- Click Search to show possible matches
How Do I Analyze the Results?[edit | edit source]
Compare each result from your search with what you know to determine if there is a match. This may require viewing multiple records or images. Keep track of your research in a research log.
What Do I Do Next?[edit | edit source]
I Found the Person I Was Looking For, What Now?[edit | edit source]
- Add any new information to your records
- Search for additional vital records such as birth, marriage, and death
- Look for the family in census records
- Search for the family in church records in Sevier County
- Search for court, land, and probate records in Sevier County
I Can’t Find the Person I’m Looking For, What Now?[edit | edit source]
- Collect entries for every person who has the same surname. This list can help you identify possible relatives
- If you cannot locate your ancestor in the locality in which you believe they lived, then try searching records of a nearby locality
- Standard spelling of names typically did not exist. Try variations of your ancestor’s name while searching the index or browsing through images
- Remember that sometimes individuals went by nicknames or alternated between using first and middle names, or even initials
Research Helps[edit | edit source]
The following articles will help you in your research for your family in the state of Arkansas.
Citing This Collection[edit | edit source]
Citations help you keep track of places you have searched and sources you have found. Identifying your sources helps others find the records you used.
The citation for this collection can be found on the Collection Details Page in the section Citing this Collection.
When looking at a record, the citation can be viewed by clicking the drop-down arrow next to Document Information.