Alamosa Colorado Family History Center
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
Alamosa Colorado Family History Center serves the San Luis Valley region of south-central Colorado. On a clear day, you can look to the south and look into New Mexico.
Center Contacts and Hours[edit | edit source]
- 300 Richardson Ave Alamosa CO 81101 United States
- Entrance to the building is on the north side of the chapel.
- Parking is available in the east parking lot and also on the street.
- Front door is usually locked, but there is a bell on your left to ring for the staff to come.
- Language:English, Spanish
- Please call during scheduled hours. There is no answering system attached to this number.
- Monday: 12:30 pm-3:30 pm
Family History Research and Help:
- Tuesday: 10:00am-4:00pm and 6:00pm-8:00pm
- Wednesday: 10:00am-3:30pm and 6:00pm-8:00pm
For groups or to schedule an appointment for a time not listed above contact:
Evon Trower 719-589-5464
Collections[edit | edit source]
- A Binder on the Old & New Manassa cemeteries
Databases and Software[edit | edit source]
- FHC Portal This center has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions.
Hardware and Equipment[edit | edit source]
Center Services[edit | edit source]
Staff Research Specialties[edit | edit source]
Resources in the Local Area
[edit | edit source]
Links[edit | edit source]
- FamilySearch Research Wiki: What It Can Do For You!: A comprehensive video presentation explaining the Wiki, navigating it, and some especially useful pages. Case studies demonstrate using the Wiki for genealogical research. Editing and adding articles to the Wiki are covered.