Aguas Buenas, Puerto Rico Genealogy
|Puerto Rico Wiki Topics|
|Puerto Rico Background|
|Local Research Resources|
Guide to Municipality of Aguas Buenas family history and genealogy: birth records, marriage records, death records, census records, family history, and military records.
History[edit | edit source]
Aguas Buenas was started by a small group of residents that built their homes by the local river systems. By 1832 they were declared a municipality. One resident gave up part of his estate to build a town square, church, a priest house, and the city hall.
The town's economy relies mostly on coffee plantations.
Hurricane Maria in 2017, triggered many landslides and huge amounts of rainfall.
As of 2010, the census recorded a population of 28,659. 
Civil Registration[edit | edit source]
More recent records are protected by privacy laws. However, close relatives can request them for genealogy.
Online Records[edit | edit source]
- Puerto Rico, Civil Registration, 1805-2001, index, incomplete
- Puerto Rico, Civil Registrations, 1885-2001, index, incomplete
- Puerto Rico, Civil Registration, Aguas Buenas, browse images
- Puerto Rico Births and Baptisms, 1938-1947 — index
Church Records[edit | edit source]
- Catholic Church Records, Los Tres Santos Reyes Parish, Aguas Buenas, Puerto Rico,1815-1925 browse images.
Census Records[edit | edit source]
Search the 1910, 1920, 1930, and 1940 census records for information about your Puerto Rican ancestors who were there during that time period. Click here to go to the Puerto Rico Census Page
References[edit | edit source]
- Wikipedia contributors, "Aguas Buenas, Puerto Rico," Wikipedia, The Free Encylopedia, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aguas_Buenas,_Puerto_Rico, accessed 12/13/2020.