Hear What They Heard
Hearing ancestors’ voices helps us bond with them in a special way. When you hear a story from their point of view, you can better connect with them.
- Ask a parent or grandparent to tell stories about his or her life, or a family member. You could ask questions like these:
- What is a memorable moment from your childhood?
- What do you remember about where you grew up?
- How did you meet your spouse?
- What are some moments that impacted your life the most?
- What is one funny story from your life?
- Listen to old recordings of your family members’ stories and see what you can learn from them.
- Listen to music or watch movies from when your ancestors were alive.
- Use the FamilySearch Memories App to record a story from a family member’s life so it won’t be lost.
Nice! You Did It!
What did you think about this activity?